"Jefferson’s Masterpiece"

Follow Dennis Parker as he prepares Jefferson’s Masterpiece for publication –
from the research and writing to the printing and marketing.

Monday, August 2, 2010

Jefferson’s Masterpiece Progresses to Layout and Design Stage

The appendix for Jefferson’s Masterpiece has been edited and is now ready.

I am still trying to find a descriptive title for the appendix. I have one that was suggested to me that is promising. However, I am still open to other ideas, but I must decide soon.

My primary objective last week was to write the text that will be printed on the back cover. Prior to the time I began to write, I did not have any ideas what to say or know what direction I was going to take. Writing a few hundred words that describes the story in a way that will entice shoppers to purchase the book is very challenging. To my surprise, I was able to write the copy in the first sitting. Although I am pleased that I got off a good start, I will continue to edit the copy until I am satisfied that it is the best I can make it. Hopefully, those words will convince book shoppers to purchase Jefferson’s Masterpiece.

Beverly is making good progress on designing the overall layout and the chapter title pages. I will continue to work on the back cover text and write the acknowledgement and dedication pages.

I also need to begin thinking about updating the Nick & Sadie website in preparation for Christmas sales.

I appreciate your continued interest in Jefferson’s Masterpiece,
Dennis

No comments: