"Jefferson’s Masterpiece"

Follow Dennis Parker as he prepares Jefferson’s Masterpiece for publication –
from the research and writing to the printing and marketing.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Marketing Phase for Jefferson’s Masterpiece Accelerates

I have kept busy the past two weeks since I sent Jefferson’s Masterpiece to the publisher.

Beverly and I spent five days traveling across North Carolina, primarily in the mountains, visiting bookstores. Six of the eleven stores we visited agreed to sell Nick & Sadie. The others wanted to read the book before they decided. I also took the opportunity to introduce them to Jefferson’s Masterpiece. Most of the owners/managers said they were interested in the Jefferson book as well. I have been selective in the bookstores that I visit. So far, I am very pleased with the results. The list of stores will be available on the Nick & Sadie Web site.

Updating the Nick & Sadie Web site and book trailer for the Christmas shopping season is almost complete. My plan is to upload them onto the Web as soon as possible.

I was also fortunate to arrange for three book signings for Nick & Sadie; a fourth is in the works. They are: November 13, Holiday Shopping Spree, Wilson, NC; November 20, Matthews Holiday Haus, Matthews, NC; and December 2-5, A Carolina Christmas Show, Raleigh, NC.

This week I expect to receive a proof copy of Jefferson’s Masterpiece from the publisher. I am excited and nervous about seeing the book. It is one thing to see the book on a computer monitor or as a printout on single pages, but to see and hold the actual book is another experience.

Between now and Christmas, I will be dividing my time between marketing Nick & Sadie and Jefferson’s Masterpiece. In December, I will begin work on a teacher’s guide for Jefferson’s Masterpiece. If you have ever used a teacher’s guide or have experience as a middle school teacher, I would appreciate receiving your suggestions on what to include and what not to include. I have already done a little research on the topic.

Since the research, writing, design and layout of Jefferson’s Masterpiece is now complete, I have decided to report my continued progress to you on an irregular schedule.

I sincerely appreciate the time and interest you have shown in the Jefferson book. The emails, phone calls and personal comments I have received have been wonderful and very reassuring.

Please watch your email inbox for my next report.

Thank You,
Dennis

No comments: