"Jefferson’s Masterpiece"

Follow Dennis Parker as he prepares Jefferson’s Masterpiece for publication –
from the research and writing to the printing and marketing.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Work Continues on Jefferson’s Masterpiece

First, I would like to provide an explanation of why I didn’t send an update on Jefferson’s Masterpiece to you on Monday the 12th. The major reason is that we didn’t have Internet service. Because of frequent service problems, we cancelled the Internet provider and signed with another company. The new service will be online by midweek.

The other reason is because our two granddaughters were visiting, and I wanted to spend time with them. If you’ve read Nick & Sadie, you might remember that I used Ellie and Emma’s names for two prominent characters in the story. As a matter of fact, most of the characters in the book were named after members of my family – including the dogs.

My work on Jefferson’s Masterpiece is back to normal. I completed adding the corrections and suggestions from my five editors. In addition, I completed another read-through myself. Beverly and I are now reading the story to each other aloud. We have found that this is an excellent way to catch mistakes that were not noticed when we read the manuscript silently.

Next, Beverly will begin preparing the book for publication – designing the chapter title pages and the cover, and laying out the pages.

I will go back to editing the copy that will be included in the appendix.

Fortunately, I’m still on schedule to send the book to the publisher in mid-August.

I sincerely appreciate you spending time with me today,
Dennis

No comments: